/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: A Weekend in Arkansas

Monday, March 27, 2006

A Weekend in Arkansas

I decided to kick off the 2006 camping season with a trip to Sam's Throne by Mt. Judea Arkansas. After getting hasseled by the Flippin Police I finally made it.

Sam's Throne is a butte surrounded by a horseshoe bluff. Its a mecca for rock climbers in Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri. Just 20 miles west of here one of the hardest bouldering problems ever was completed by Chris Sharma.

We decided to go hiking to King River Falls and The Glory Hole (Garrett wait to insert your joke).


Kings River Falls is a nice little sandstone shelf on the upper part of Kings River.

What's a visit to the natural state if you don't get a good self portrait? Jared you wondered if I've ballooned since Biola. Well why don't you tell me.

We hiked down to the Glory Hole (Garrett insert your joke here) which is a hole carved into a sandstone overhang. I am petitioning Arkansas to rename it God's Shitter. So far I haven't heard back from the governor.

Back at camp we roasted dinner over the fire and washed it down with Leinenkugels Honey Weiss. I was still recovering from Friday night's wheat beer tour which left me struggling early Saturday morning.

Just some words of wisdom to leave you with, if God can build the Flippin Church of God on love what can he do in your own heart. Share that at the next singspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home