/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: Elizabethtown

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Elizabethtown

I watched Elizabethtown this last weekend and I would have to agree with Mr. Cranky who said "Anticipating the end of 'Elizabethtown' is like waiting for an old car to die. You hope it stops running, but somehow it starts again and again and you drive, lamenting the fact you just can't get rid of the piece of junk."

Two things:
#1 As much as a Kirsten Dunst fan as I am she should be slapped repeatedly in this film. She should be slapped because no one is as inane and perky as she was, and those who are should, well, be slapped.

#2 Any movie with a tap dancing eulogy should instantly be considered bottom of the barrel. I would rate all the extras' responses to the funeral ceremony somewhere close to Jaws 4.

Unfortunately this movie was not about Elizabethtown Tennessee. Having been picked up by the cops on suspicion of my nefarious dealings in that town I would have sat on the edge of my seat for hours. Something to take your mind off that pain.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lay off my carrots!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger drew said...

nate,

i have been actually wanting to see elizabethtown, but i cant remember why... i hate kirsten dunst as well, but i think maybe i thought she was reece witherspoon, so maybe thats why i wanted to see it. or maybe it was because i thought the music in it was really good. is the music at least good?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Nate said...

the sounds track is amazing. about 10 minutes into it i was saying to myself hey that sounds like my morning jacket and wait is that ryan adams and ryan adams again.

what i recommend is checking out the soundtrack only so as not to ruin the songs by association.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home