/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: A few observations

Monday, September 26, 2005

A few observations

I was at a funeral the other day for my pastor, which was the most amazing memorial service I have been to in my life. and I have been to quite a few. He was an awesome guy and a great example of the way we should live our lives.
While at the funeral, however, I had a lot of time to sit and ponder. I not only pondered how I live my life and how I should try to live the way he did but I also noticed a few things about people that continually occur and they need to be addressed.
These things happen all the time, at church, at funerals, and at anything where there is supposed to be some reverence.
first: Cell phones and old people mix about as well as dog in a Chinese restaurant. I know they are a new technology, but come on, turn the page. They are not that hard to figure out. If it rings you simply open it up and talk or maybe press a button, any button and then talk, not that hard. This can even be done with one hand. If you miss a call it is not the end of the world. there is an easy way of finding out who just called and even when they called. IT SAYS IT ON THE DAMN SCREEN! you dont need to run to your phone as soon as it starts its annoying stock ringtone. especially right before an event like church or a funeral, first of all it should be on silent by this point anyway, second, you can figure out the details when you return to your seat.
second: saving seats is not the most important thing in the whole world. Turns out there are other seats in the place where your friends, family and other acquaintances can sit. Your don't need your entire family tree to sit in the same row as you. You do not need to stand guard over your seats either and for Gosh sake, sit the F down, I don't care that the service hasn't started, you don't need to stand and wait for your family to find you.
Third: I know it is the morning but for goodness sake do you honestly need your five gallon pale of starbucks coffee with you at all times. We all know you are rich and can afford it and just NEED your startbucks in the morning, but please dont flaunt it like it is an olympic metal. And do you really need a 6 shot mocha to stay awake in church, give me a break! Everytime I see you, you have "a starbucks" in your hand.
forth: and I wont even really get into this one, but I have to mention it. OK turns out you are inside now. LOSE THE FACKING SUNGLASSES!
those are a few of my favorite things. I need to know if I am over the top on this or if you guys agree with me!

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger drew said...

let it never be said that garrett anderson didnt know how to pick his battles...

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring... ring ring...

this seat is saved damn it!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Paul said...

That's why people call me that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home