/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: Kill your television

Monday, October 31, 2005

Kill your television

So I know I have a bad rap for watching really bad TV shows, such as Laguna Beach and 7th Heaven, and while I cant explain why I watch those shows, I thought I would write a post about the GOOD shows I watch, now that I have TIVO and can tape everything during the week and then marathon through them on Saturday morning:

Prison Break (on tonight. watch the encore episode from last week and the new episode... or I will kill you.)


Basically, Stephan got me hooked on this. Since he is an engineer and all. So the plot is this one guy, Lincoln, is a structural engineer whose brother is convicted of murder and sentenced to die. Now the thing is, Lincoln actually built the max security prison his brother is in. or something like that. So he goes and gets the blueprints to the prison tattooed on his body in one massive and cryptic ink job. Then he gets himself arrested by pretending to rob a bank. Now he is trying to save his brother by busting him out. Its awesome. And the person who framed his brother is the Vice President of the United States, so the secret service is all running around trying to kill his family and stuff. Moral of the show: the President and Vice President are a bunch of cocks. I can get behind this.


Next on my TIVO list, My Name is Earl. This is on Tuesdays.

This show just cracks me up. Earl, a guy who apparently lives next door to Nate E, is a firm believer in Karma and is trying to make up for all the bad things he has ever done in his life. Most of the humor comes out of the fact that it takes place in Missouri, or Oklahoma, or one of those godforsaken states where people live in houses with wheels on them. If my house had wheels, I would drive it to California so a Tornado wouldn’t blow it away. But whatever. The Moral of the show: people from the Midwest like to make fun of people who talk funny, irony of ironies.

Next is Wednesdays, and Veronica Mars. I will spare you the recap of this, because I suspect it might be a half notch below Laguna and 7th Heaven. So don’t watch it. I mean, I watch it, but I freely admit I cant distinguish between good and bad when it comes to television.

Thursdays, Everybody hates Chris.

The Chris Rock narrated show about a young Chris growing up in Brooklyn. Very funny. Reminds me a lot of how things were, coming up on the wrong side of Danville. You were either "slinging crack rock or you had a wicked jump shot" as my man Biggie would say. Moral of the show: Chris Rock is just funny, and George Bush hates black people.


Well that is the re cap. hopefully you will join me this week, in rotting your brain with mindless dramas.

(disclaimer, i have never seen the show Lost, but I hear its a good one. But I cant get into a show if I missed an entire season... just kind of a personal rule to live by).

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I heard about this new show coming on TV last year about a bunch of plane crash survivors on a mysterious island. Put together by JJ Abrams (Alias, Felicity) it was supposed to be a cross between Alias, X-Files, and Survivor. That show was, of course, Lost. I thought it sounded good so I was pumped to see it. But then I got busy with life and missed the first few episodes and resigned to not watching it for this reason. Fast forward 1 year later. I rent the first disc of the first season of Lost from my neighborhood Blockbuster. I watch 4 episodes in a row, drive back to Blockbuster and rent disc 2 and watch 4 more episodes in a row. I go to Target and buy the first season on DVD. 5 days later I have watched all 24 episodes of the first season and the 5 episodes of the second season that are available (purchased via the iTunes store. Thank you Apple for having brains) and am now anxiously awaiting Wednesday night to start watching full time.

This show rocks my socks off. Lost is a can't miss. It WILL change your life.

PS - I'm from the Missouri and I didn't live in a house with wheels. Except for a few years in high school.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger drew said...

greg-

i have heard many tales similar to yours. and that is precisely why i dont even want to go there. i got enough going on without having to throw in an addiction to Lost.
now dont forget to pull the hay out from between your teeth before bed.
i kid, i kid.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Drew. I have enough addictions without getting into Lost. As it is, my Tuesday nights are shot watching House. Even being the huge Cards fan that I am, I found myself looking forward to the end of the playoffs so the new episodes would be shown.

This is the main reason I have procrastinated getting Tivo.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Zeleni List said...

Maybe you can play Moses in the show Lost?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home