/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: The Tyler Fiasco

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Tyler Fiasco


I didn't have a handy pic of TylerThompson, so the above pic is the next best thing. A fiasco has occurred...and I was at a loss as how to proceed, so of course I decided to blog about it.

Nate Bishop, Tyler's brother in law, suggested I send Tyler an invite to the Uknown. Now Tyler, while not being a regular member of our crew, is still family, and even beyond that, is one of the original explorators, wait is that a word?, explorers, ah fuck it, CONQUISTADORS of the original F'ing Unknown. In fact, when the park rangers closed in on our campsite to end our fun, and the cry went out to "Grab two beers and meet me in the woods!" tyler was actually one of two people to do just that. So it only seems natural to extend him an invitation.

So what is the problem? Well, you see, I was a little nervous. Being around Tyler kind of makes me feel a bit like a giggly little schoolboy. When we were students together, Tyler was tall, dashing, athletic, handsome, someone who made Ron Hafer proud and made the ladies swooon... basically everything I desperately wished I could be. So Bishop's offhand comment "Why dont you send Tyler an invite" was not received as cavalierly by me as he probably thought.

I didnt even know how to phrase it. Would Tyler even think this is funny? What if he thinks we are total losers and just kind of has to humor us? How do I word this? Wait, I know, I will be cool and hip and devil-may-care about it, and he can respect that, seeing as that is kind of how he lives his life. You know what I mean, he just kind of "grips it and rips it".

So I wrote. And what I wrote to Tyler was the following, word for word: "Hey man, check out this site, Do you a piece of this sweet action?" Dammit. What I SHOULD have written was: "Do you WANT a piece of this sweet action". But I totally blew it.

Now Tyler being cool and hip and devil may care may have THOUGHT this was what I was getting at, but playing it cool, he responded with: "Sure, I'm a piece of that sweet action. "

Now what the hell am I supposed to do? I don't even know what that means! I turn to you, my fellow bloggers, for help. I already asked the Bishop privately, who responded "Dammit Drew, you had ONE JOB to do! ONE JOB, YOU SCREW UP!" which actually wasn't very helpful.

So, brothers, what next?

7 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger drew said...

such an ass

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Garrett said...

drew, you love me!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger drew said...

i do, dammit. i do.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Nate said...

why dont you give him a piece of that sweet action?

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Great site. I was just wondering...well you see I'm the head of FEMA and I giving W his rub down this morning when I was informed of some "natural disaster" or something in, like, Atlanta, or Tuscaloosa or one of those Southern "states". Anyways, I don't really have any idea how this kind of thing works and well, you guys seem like a smart bunch (especially Mr. Facking G) and I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions. Thanks

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Nate B said...

This is single handedly the funniest shit F'ingunknown.com has seen yet. I laughed my ass off. And that guy who pretended to be Michael Brown is pretty good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home