/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: Tears Stream Down Your Face.....

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tears Stream Down Your Face.....

Let me just echo the sentiments of Dru, Jared and others when I say that I do love me the funny, but I also love me the real. Now when the real is funny.... well then you get Nate Elbrecht. Anyways with that said I wanted to just share the current state of the Bishop family:
Mandy and I are lonely. We live in a community of about 25,000 people. Approximately 24,500 are either in high school or older than us with kids. The other 500 work at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and can can't count past five. Which, coincidently, happens to be the number of teeth they have and the number of out of wedlock children they have fostered. We also have faced some serious financial struggles since the move. There have been times when we honestly didn't know where the next days food or gas was coming from. As a husband who is responsible for providing for his wife I have spent many mornings and nights wondering if I made the right decision to move up here. All this difficulty combined with what seems to be an enormous amount of bad news around the world has left me feeling empty and void. I think that the emptiness is my only safety mechanism left from feeling the pain that's there. I was thinking today while driving in the car if a person was put in complete isolation for a week, all distraction was removed and we eventually had to experience the emotion that was hiding beneath all the bullshit that we construct every day, what would it be? Would we laugh? cry? scream in anger? I know that whenever I try to take time and simply feel the quickness which tears force their way to my eyes is alarming. The heart breaks ya know? Well this led up to this morning again when I was driving. See, I do a lot of driving in the car for my job. Almost always alone so I get a lot of time to think. Well most of the time I choose to not think and I listen to talk radio. Specifically sportsradio. Well, as you may or may not have known the Seattle sports scene is not doing a very good job providing me with its usual morphine-esque escape. All of my teams suck, and there is very little hope for any of them getting better in the near future. So I tried listening to real talk radio. Sometimes this gets by in a pinch when the sports guys are talking golf or NHL or something but today my backup plan failed. I was not finding our population's lack of faith in government to be very interesting. So I switched to my last hope, music. I don't like listening to music all the time because I can't tune it out. When I hear music I have to pay attention. Even if it's alt-country. The CD I was listening to was Coldplay's X & Y (Top 40 sorry Dru) which is one of the best Albums of the year. Well the music was so beautiful and the lyrics so poetic that I cranked up the volume and started to rock out right there on the drive. It was like an infusion of emotion swept over my soul. Like a fog being lifted I was experiencing all the pain and sorrow I bottle up with sports and wiseass humour. Low and behold when Chris Martin was singing about tears streaming down your face there were literally tears streaming down my face. I liberally confess that I know very little about Coldplay beyond their music. I don't know if what the intent was behind the song or what they believe personally. But right then, when the music was loud and the tears were flowing I felt like Leutenant Dan from Forrest Gump, sitting on the boat screaming at God to do his worst. All of my anger and hurt was right there and I couldn't push it away. I don't know what that means but I do know that it's the first time I've been able to really cry in a long, long time.
So there, I hope that this can communicate the current state of Bishop. We are lonely, and we are sad. But we are not forlorn and we love you all. This blog has already been the best thing to happen since forever. Peace out.

6 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger drew said...

hmmmm, so living in the small hometown, lonely and bored. sounds a lot my own situation. and plus you get to have sex whenver you want, so that must suck. (that was me, losing all sympathy for you).

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger drew said...

oh and a p.s. to everyone else...

THAT, THAT... was fucking vulnerable! and fucking beautiful. Thats what i'm talking about people. now we are getting somewhere. i feel closer to nathan. does anyone else feel closer to nathan? i do. damn. well done bishop.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo on the communication you guys, and remember to make trade fair.
Cheers,

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Nate said...

I tried to think of something sarcastic to say but the is some of the realest shit I have heard in a long time.

p.s. chris i love your albums but fair trade sucks... a lot... really

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh right drew, act like you are a victim and go to bed alone every night, and that i mean nothing to you. go ahead. see if you get lucky tonight!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger drew said...

shut up, tubesock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home