/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: Why We Exist

Monday, September 12, 2005

Why We Exist

Any random Gus-esque sweet dude who stumbles upon the Unknown, might examine the flurry of posts that have occurred in the last week and conclude this blog serves absolutely no set purpose. And that is fine. And that is good. However, despite the sports chatter, video game speak, asian men with phallic symbols, and various other randomness that exists here, I don't want anyone to be dissuaded from posting serious issues that may be going on in and among our lives. Bear in mind, this blog exists, above all else, for communication purposes. So lets communicate, dammit! Garrett: Getting married soon? Nervous? Tell us! Cody: Long day in the clinic? Crazy marital hijinks that may help the other newlyweds? Tell us! Elbrecht: Wood issues? Trailer get crashed again? Cows running wild? Tell us! Justin: Screenplay! Now! Dammit! You get the idea.

I know everyone has a big wanger and its tough to get vulnerable so let me break the ice.

My life is boring. I live in the small town I grew up in. No one in my family still lives here, besides me. I go to the church I was raised in. My apartment is across from the highschool I went to. My friday nights are booked from September-February because I attend every football and basketball game that occurs, and everyone knows my name, and knows what seat in the bleachers is mine. I am dying in a cubicle. My girlfriend lives over an hour away and works and goes to school full time. We see each other, every once in a while. I used to be exciting. I used to be in the loop. Now I come home from work and kill time before Laguna Beach comes on TV. I listen to music you have probably never heard of, and think that people that listen to “popular” music are dumber than me. This is probably inaccurate, but I really do think that. I work out because I have nothing better to do. I used to be weak. Now I am pretty sure I could kick your ass. Nate B wants me to move to Seattle. Nate E wants me to move to Oklahoma. Neither of them plan on being there for to long. They want me to move there, and then they will up and leave me there. Then, it will probably be just like it is here. Except colder. Those bastards.

My name is Andrew Martin... and I am communicating. Will you communicate with me?

11 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dru, can I suggest Deuteronomy 23:12? I'm praying for you!!!

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick,
Nice try buddy you mean Leviticus 18:35!!!! I'm the winner of the bible game!!! I mean, it's for you to read and stuff Dru. Yeah, I'll be praying for revival, oops I mean you.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey do you guys know where I can get my grub on?!?

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, cmon. I mean if we really just learn to...MORGS STOP IT!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO MAKE OUT WITH MY FIANCEE!!!!!......


Sorry guys you're on your own.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's start an accountability goup

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dru please don't kick my ass

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets Go to Singspo and forget our problems...I mean your problems.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so cold and lonely

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read ecclesiates 4:11
"Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone."

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no laying with anyone else until properly wed (in a ceremony you bastard), also no drinking because a Christian community doesn't drink (unless you don't tell anyone about it),no smoking because... because... because... because your body is a temple and if anyone is going to ruin that it will be steve rall with that damn cafe food and no gay sex (do you want snacks drew?)

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snacksssssssssss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home