/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: Finally

Friday, September 30, 2005

Finally

I am glad Paul finally found the Create Post button. Welcome, my paulass.

I think by far my favorite Paul story has to do with the time Paul and Nathan Bishop were in Danville, to watch my California Golden Bears get absolutely throttled by the Washington Huskies (small consolations: NO THANKS to will conroy, leon and ayinde were on the bench, Richard chop-blocked Nate Robinson and looked delighted to do so, Benson dunked on Jensen, and washington sucks at football).

Afterwards, after bar hopping around Berkeley for awhile, we ended up in Downtown Danville, enjoying the many bars and lively nightlife that occurs on Thursday nights, within 100 yards from my apartment.

Now Bishop and I, being old and involved, were quite content to sit in the corner, drink beers, and watch hi lights of the game we were just at.

Then, SHE walked in. One of those girls that literally stops all traffic within a 3 mile radius. As she made her way through the crowded bar, the path in front of her opened up like the red sea. You could literally see head after head turn as she strutted her stuff, and had a seat. Some of the braver guys approached her. She took the offered drinks, smiled politely, made small talk, and sent them on their way.

Paul, buzzed and euphoric after receiving no less than three different girls numbers in a 30 minute time span, joined Bishop and I in the corner, and assessed the situation.

"You guys ready to bounce? I would say this night has been a success." He remarked.

"Not so fast, my the paulass!" said Bishop firmly. "We arent leaving until you go talk to that girl."

Paul smiled. "Is this a dare?" He asked.

"Yeahandmrremumbletyfuckncrrhotchick." I slurred uselessly, turned back to the counter and downed another Fat Tire.

Well that was all the prompting he needed. He was gone like like a shot. Paused, momentarily, like a cheetah stalking his prey, and went in. Walked right up as the bartender handed her a Seven and Seven, and threw down the Money Line: "I really hope you aren't planning on paying for that." She looked up and smiled. He smiled. He had a seat. Game over.

45 minutes later, they were still talking, and Bishop and I realized we would be going home together, sans Paul.

4 and half hours later, I was awakened from my very deep sleep/coma by my cell phone, and struggled to decipher the words from a very frantic Paul, running through the streets of Danville with no clue where he was, and yes, it was now 5:30 in the morning.

Now the thing about the above story, is that it is not an isolated incident, and in fact, has probably occurred about 13 different times, most in the same bar no less, with only slight variations. And this is all to say, Welcome Paul, to actually posting on the Unknown (not that we didnt enjoy your Comments-only status).

Now who wants to talk about my Fantasy Baseball Team? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home