/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: The greatest weekend of my life?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The greatest weekend of my life?

Ok through all my bitching you guys know the story: No professional championships since 1979, zero in my lifetime. Not a single championship of any significance since the '91 Huskies had to share the national championship with a disgrace of a Miami team. Even one of the greatest baseball teams in history, the 2001 Mariners, who one 116 games flamed out in the playoffs. All of this led to my utter amazement when the all of my teams performed shockingly well this weekend. To wit:


Seattle 115 - Cleveland 108

The Supes get a good win against Lebron, Drew and Larry despite getting lit up again on defense. It helps when you shoot well and Rashard Lewis is playing out of his mind. Just the beginning. Sunday brought.....



Seattle 107 - Indiana 101
The heretofore mediocre Sonics finally rose up and had a solid win against a solid team. Although they still didn't try to play any D they at least shot the ball decently. A repeat of last year's success now appears possible. Vlad Radmonivic stopped playing with his head up his ass which also helps. Immediately following this was......


Washington 99 - Gonzaga 95

Holy crap I don't even know where to begin with this one. The Huskies had lost seven in a row to the Zags and lost three of their top four players but had the nation's longest home winning streak on the line. Romarville was up in arms and the Huskies responded with a great effort despite Brandon Roy not playing most of the game due to foul trouble. It helped that they knocked Derek "The Professor" Ravio out about 5 minutes in. But it didn't help that Adam Morrison made like Scott Skiles in NBA Jam and made every damn shot he put up. Freaking ridiculious. UW showed their depth by getting significant contributions from Freshman Justin Dentmon and transfer Ryan Appleby. It's possible that this team could be better than last year's. Bring on the bears baby!!!! As awesome as this game was, nothing, and I mean nothing, could prepare me for what happened next....


Monday Night Football: Seahawks 42, Eagles 0





Of all the sad, pathetic misery that my teams have put me through over the years none have been worse than the Seahawks. The last time they were good I was 2 years old. They haven't won a playoff game in 21 years. I've watched sad ass orginizations like Atlanta, Tampa Bay and St. Louis go to and win superbowls. Not only have they never been good but they've lost games in infamously stupid, painful and easily unavoidable ways. You've all heard of teams that were greater than the sum of their parts? Well the Seahawks have always been less than the sum of their parts. And now, finally, in 2005, I've seen a Seahawks team rise up and bitch slap the league. They traditionally don't win on the road. They traditionally don't win on the east coast. They don't like snow. Well screw all that because they beat the ever livin' hell out of the Eagles. It was like watching a college team play a high school team (or like a standard USC game. Damn SC). The domination was so thourough and so quick (35-0 at halftime) that most people changed the channel. But I watched every single snap, so mesmerized was I by the thought of actually having a Seahawk team that didn't exist solely to rip my heart out. I am deeper in with this team than I ever have been. Go HAWKS!!!! Get ready for Christmas Eve when Peyton finds out what the 12th man is all about. I'm already setting aside the first sunday in February.






Postscript:

Although the Sonics lost tonight 104-101 to the Knicks it was only due to the 41 point produced by Rainier Beach's Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford. Life is good, life is very very good.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Garrett said...

I still get moist when I think about monday night! amazing! and how about my boy "Fupa" Tatupa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home