/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: CODY....GET IN HERE AND EAT YER BEANS!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

CODY....GET IN HERE AND EAT YER BEANS!!!

The rumors are completely untrue! I am alive and well. Just because I have posted a total of 3 times, does not mean that I am uninvolved with the F'ing Unknown. At any rate, here is my update. I have been as busy as my balls. I've been working 30 hours a week, going to school 3 nights a week, and umpiring on free nights and weekends. I still love being married after 6 months. I am living better than ever now that I have a beautiful wife: I eat good meals, I get enough sleep, and I get plenty of "exercise."
Speaking of exercise, we are actually going to start training for a 10K on Monday. The 10K is in April. I am actually really looking forward to the training and the race because I am up to 200lbs. That's right, I'm still 5'8" but now I'm a little thicker. I need to get to my playing weight of 185 for the season. What season? THE FANTASY BASEBALL SEASON, BITCHES! Is anyone else a bit bored with the professional sports arena right now? Since football ended so piss-poorly, I haven't been into watching anything. I just can't get excited about college basketball or NBA basketball....sorry guys, I know that most of you are. The dunk contest was impressive though.
I can't even get excited about the upcoming baseball season (aside from the knowledge that I am going to kick ass in fantasy baseball). I am enjoying the Bob Costas book, Fair Ball, though. It's a piece of work. I have also recently read the first three books of the Chronicles of Narnia. That reminds me...when we saw the movie, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Tara summed up our spiritual lives pretty well when she said, "That moved me more than any church service has in a long time." So, spiritually, I'm still pretty confused and frustrated about my lack of connection, but I deal with it.
Overall, despite the busy schedule, the stress, the love handles, and the spiritual loss, I am doing very well. That sounded bad didn't it? I really meant it though. I love my job, my classes, my apartment, my routine, and most of all my wife. I am as happy as I've ever been and at the risk of sounding cheesey, it has a lot to do with loving my wife and feeling at home with her.
The good things are great and I am hopeful about negative things.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have some sand in me.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cody, get in here....I haven't seen you in about 10 - 15 minutes!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Cody said...

stop saying i have a vagina. that really hurts my feelings. i will never post again.

love
Cody's Balls

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger drew said...

sounds like someone could use a spiritual counseling visit from one pastor drew...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home