/*Nothing to see here*/ Grab Two Beers And Meet Me In the F'ing Unknown: The Confessional Booth

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Confessional Booth


Alright listen up you blog nerds, I have a serious topic to write about, loosely inspired by jared's sexual chocolate post. So keep all sarcastic ass-y comments to a minimum.

Last night, I was driving home, and listening to the local R&B hip hop station. The song that came on, was Mariah Carey (FOX! by the way) "We Belong Together". Now the song came on, and not only did I leave it on the station, after I arrived at my destination, I sat in the car and waited until the song was over, before heading inside. I was amazed that such a hot lady could communicate such emotion in a song, almost as if she was singing directly to me. Who is she gonna lean on, when times get rough? Damn it Mariah, lean on me! Please!

So, on to my point, as a self proclaimed musical elitist, I would normally never admit this in public. But I made myself open and vulnerable for one reason. Ok, two reasons. 1) I might be gay (see hissy fit in previous posts) (PS- thats a joke, people who dont know me. not only am i most likely not gay, i could very easily kick your ass, ask anyone). and 2) I was curious, what other songs out there, that are really bad songs, do you guys like, and would actually sit in a car and finish listening to?

I was just curious, and thought maybe I could generate some life around here.

oh and PS- Garrett is building a bed.
He has blue prints. He doesnt have a job anymore, but he has blue prints.

14 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like just about anything by Hootie and the Blowfish

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Nate said...

please delete the above comment and post as they have offended me to no end.

p.s. she is in the Guinness World Record book for greated vocal range ever recorded by a human. she also has the record for highest recorded note by a human.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Nate said...

fairly timely as yesterday i posted this

http://elbrecht.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger drew said...

now thats just strange and eerie. so eerie i am not even mad at you for whoring out your private little online place here for all to see. shame less nate, just shameless.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger drew said...

and to "ashamed",

no reason to be ashamed about that, hootie is a kick-ass band!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger drew said...

oh nate, does this mean that just because you have already exhaustively discussed this issue on your blog, you are not going to post any thoughts on that matter here for all to see?
have you forgotten your home so soon??? DAMN IT NATE, WE MADE YOU! WE MADE YOU AND WE CAN DESTROY YOU!!!!!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Garrett said...

Is it ok to admit that I 1) Love Kelly Clarkson's album and actually look for her songs on the radio and 2) I am building a bed and yes I do have a job but it is ending soon

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger drew said...

ooh, thats a good call G

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Nate said...

i've partooken in that kelly clarkson music. i have the album on my computer (of course it has random screams in the album but that is neither here nor there).

and drew the reason i had to spit off from the f'ing unknown is the constant censoring as of late. i can't be caged dammit.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Nate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Nate said...

i think it is important to note that gwen stefani should also make this list.


"this shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s"

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Nate B said...

I don't think there's a one of us who at some point hasn't been moved by Jessica Simpson's pre-Nick classic "I think that I'm in love with you".

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Paul said...

My name is Paul...and I'm a pop-stationaholic.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger drew said...

oh man i freaking LOVE savage garden! good call jared...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home